Are you passionate about local and organic food, your community, and customer service? Do you thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic,
supportive and fun environment? Do you love to help others, and are you willing to drop everything to assist a customer or coworker? If you answered yes to all of the above, you’ve come to the right place!
Hunger Mountain Coop, central Vermont’s fastest growing Member-Owned natural foods market, accepts applications from qualified individuals who will provide our Member-Owners and the public with the excellent customer service they deserve. The Coop is committed to serving our Member-Owners, customers, and employees with high standards of customer service, sound management, and a safe and supportive work environment. Coop employees are expected to demonstrate the concepts of friendly cooperation, excellent Customer Service and a positive willingness to get the job done.
We seek to employ the best qualified individuals for our positions and provide equal opportunity for advancement to all applicants and employees in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, gender orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Here is a look at some of the benefits our employees enjoy:
- Great discount on Coop purchases
- Competitive wages and employee Gain Share program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid breaks and holidays
- Union environment with an excellent benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for full and part-time employees and company-paid Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan for full-time employees after 1 year of service with a great company match
- Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program
- Paid training, Staff Education workshops, and access to The Coop’s public workshops
- The opportunity to work for a Cooperative business governed by seven international principles
How to apply:
Download an application here
and email it to Phoebe MacPhail, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com
Or, you may drop your application off at The Coop, fax it to 802-223-0297, or mail it to:
Hunger Mountain Coop
623 Stone Cutters Way
Montpelier, VT 05602
Attn: HR Manager
Applications are also available at the Customer Service Desk at The Coop. Please contact the Human Resources Department at 802-223-8000, ext 215 with any questions.
Hunger Mountain Coop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thank you for your interest in working with us!